Monday, November 15, 2010

-I did some more intercambios. This time out in the countryside of Romero. Picture this, me, riding a half hour on a dirt road to a farm out in the country side. There I was able to put on some big rubber boots, roll up my sleeves with a shovel, and clean up the pig sty. I had heard the expression "your room is a pig sty" for the better portion of 20 years of my life. But I never knew what that really meant until I actually cleaned one. It was an adventure, and I smiled and laughed the entire time as we cleaned the farm. Cows, Pigs, ducks, horses and everything. I love intercambios because it allows me to see a lot more of the mission.

-Wednesday we had interviews with the president. Afterward he decided to accompany Elder Gonzalez and me out to our appointment with Lino and Cintia. We talked about receiving the Priesthood and sharing the gospel. It was a spiritual lesson, even more so with the President there.

-Friday we had intercambios with the assistants. It was a crazy day coming off the other intercambios we were just on, and felt like I was all over the place. We were able to get the baptismal interviews done for Ludmila and Alan.

-Saturday Ludmila and Alan were baptized. It was an incredibly spiritual service. They were both very prepared. The night of the interview Ludmila found one of the tithing slips by the bishop’s office and asked us when she could pay her tithing. Sandra, her mom informed us that they had both been saving up to pay ever since we taught them about tithes and offerings a week ago. It`s good to see them develop positive habits early. We filled up the font a bit before the baptism with only hot water, as it usually has trouble heating up just to luke warm (example, baptism of Damian, cold water) and so we didn`t see the need to turn on the cold water. As Elder Gonzalez tried to step in the font he realized it was scalding hot. Attempting to avoid a baptism boil we spent about 15 minutes putting cold water in the font.

-Analia continues to progress fantastically. She came to church again this weekend (second week in a row since she was baptized). We already have taught her the 10 commandments, word of wisdom, and all the first two lessons. She is on fire, and should make it to her baptismal date. It`s becoming a little complicated as the baptismal service is scheduled for the same day as the adult session of stake conference. So we`re still trying to figure out the best course of action. We`ll probably just move it back a week.

We have a great companionship with fantastic members. I love life right now. Thankfully I`m extremely busy. You can always tell when I`m doing great when I`m in a hurry. The work is amazing. We`ll be looking for some new families this week as Alan and Ludmila just got baptized so it`s back to finding mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment