Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rough Week

To be short, this last week was rough. A lot of failed plans, late days in the offices etc. It was still good, but frustrating nonetheless. We were working hard, but regardless, sometimes the chips fall the way you don´t want, and the plans go down the hole. It´s easy to get discouraged, but as I have more weeks in the mission, I realize that when you are working hard and trying to be obedient and success isn´t coming, it usually means the Lord is testing you. We had only found one on Sunday, and we were feeling down. I prayed to God to be able to have the inspiration to find someone to teach, and no sooner had I done so when I looked to the left and saw a man in a wheelchair who was timidly beckoning us to come over. We began talking, not sure if he was mentally handicapped, and he explained to us that he had tried to contact the missionaries many times before as they walked by, but no one had ever talked to him. We entered the house and found four of his other children, all of which were very intelligent and interested in the message. Very humble and teachable. Last night we had a fantastic follow up cita.

We have had similar finding experiences the past two nights. I know the Lord is blessing us to be able to find those who need this message. After the trials the blessings always come. It´s true.

I love this work. I love seeing the way that this message can change people. Right now in this area, a lot of the investigators are relatively new, as a result, I´ll be able to see a lot of change. There are a few that are progressing wonderfully, but I have no time to inform you.

You may just note this as the most disappointing email week in the mission, but next week I´ll make up for it. Promise. Right now I´ve got to literally run out the door and start preaching the gospel. It´s so exciting! I love being a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment